- Minimum age: 6 weeks
- The first booster (4th dose) may be administered as early as age 12 months, provided at least 6 months have elapsed since the third dose.
- DTaP vaccine/combinations should preferably be avoided for the primary series.
- DTaP may be preferred to DTwP in children with history of severe adverse effects after previous dose/s of DTwP or children with neurologic disorders.
- First and second boosters may also be of DTwP. However, considering a higher reactogenicity, DTaP can be considered for the boosters.
- If any ‘acellular pertussis’ containing vaccine is used, it must at least have 3 or more components in the product
Catch up vaccination
- Catch-up schedule: The 2nd childhood booster is not required if the last dose has been given beyond the age of 4 years.
- Catch up below 7 years: DTwP/DTaP at 0, 1 and 6 months;
- Catch up above 7 years: Tdap, Td, and Td at 0, 1 and 6 months.