- Minimum age: birth
- Administer monovalent HepB vaccine to all newborns within 48 hours of birth.
- Monovalent HepB vaccine should be used for doses administered before age 6 weeks.
- Administration of a total of 4 doses of HepB vaccine is permissible when a combination vaccine containing HepB is administered after the birth dose.
- Infants who did not receive a birth dose should receive 3 doses of a HepB containing vaccine starting as soon as feasible.
- The ideal minimum interval between dose 1 and dose 2 is 4 weeks, and between dose 2 and 3 is 8 weeks. Ideally, the final (3rd or 4th) dose in the HepB vaccine series should be administered no earlier than age 24 weeks and at least 16 weeks after the first dose, whichever is later.
- Hep B vaccine may also be given in any of the following schedules: Birth, 1, & 6 mo, Birth, 6 and 14 weeks; 6, 10 and 14 weeks; Birth, 6 ,10 and 14 weeks, etc. All schedules are protective.
Catch up vaccination
- Administer the 3-dose series to those not previously vaccinated.
- In catch-up vaccination use 0, 1, and 6 months schedule