- Minimum age: 9 years
- HPV4 [Gardasil] and HPV2 [Cervarix] are licensed and available.
- Either HPV4 (0, 2, 6 months) or HPV2 (0, 1, 6 months) is recommended in a 3-dose series for females aged 11 or 12 years.
- HPV4 can also be given in a 3-dose series for males aged 11 or 12 years, but not yet licensed for use in males in India.
- The vaccine series can be started beginning at age 9 yrs.
- Administer the second dose 1 to 2 months after the first dose and the third dose 6 months after the first dose (at least 24 weeks after the first dose).
Catch up vaccination
- Administer the vaccine series to females (either HPV2 or HPV4) at age 13 through 45 years if not previously vaccinated.
- Use recommended routine dosing intervals (see above) for vaccine series catch-up.