- Minimum age: 6 months for trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine (TIV)
- Recommended only for the vaccination of persons with certain high-risk conditions.
- First time vaccination: 6 months to below 9 years: two doses 1 month apart; 9 years and above: single dose
- Annual revaccination with single dose.
Dosage (TIV) : aged 6-35 months 0.25 ml; 3 years and above: 0.5 ml
- For children aged 6 months through 8 years: For the 2012-13 season, administer 2 doses (separated by at least 4 weeks) to children who are receiving influenza vaccine for the firsttime.
All the currently available TIVs in the country contain the ‘Swine flu’ or ‘A (H1N1)’ antigen; no need to vaccinate separately.
- Best time to vaccinate:
> As soon as the new vaccine is released and available in the market
> Just before the onset of rainy season.