- Birth dose of OPV usually does not lead to VAPP.
- OPV in place of IPV, if IPV is unfeasible, minimum 3 doses.
- Additional doses of OPV on all SlAs.
- IPV: Minimum age – 6 weeks.
- IPV: 2 instead of 3 doses can be also used if primary series started at 8 weeks and the interval between the doses is kept 8 weeks
- No child should leave your facility without polio immunization (IPV or OPV), if indicated by the schedule!!
Catch up vaccination
- IPV catch-up schedule: 2 doses at 2 months apart followed by a booster after 6 months of previous dose.