- Minimum age: 6 weeks for both RV-1 [Rotarix] and RV-5 [RotaTeq].
- Only two doses of RV-1 are recommended at present.
- RV1 should preferably be employed in 10 and 14 week schedule, instead of 6 and 10 week; the former schedule is found to be far more immunogenic than the later
- If any dose in series was RV-5 or vaccine product is unknown for any dose in the series, a total of 3 doses of RV vaccine should be administered.
Catch up vaccination
- The maximum age for the first dose in the series is 14 weeks, 6 days.
- Vaccination should not be initiated for infants aged 15 weeks, 0 days or older.
The maximum age for the final dose in the series is 8 months, 0 days